carries out display screen environment inspections
for all new members of the school.
Here are some of his recommendations for setting up
in your new offices
in line with best DSE practice:
- Arrange your desk and screen so that bright lights are not reflected
in the screen.
- Make sure you are not directly facing windows or bright lights.
- Place the monitor at right angles to the window.
Adjust curtains or blinds to prevent unwanted light.
- Adjust your chair and Monitor so that :
- You can sit with your back straight and head level
- Your feet can rest flat on the floor or a footrest.
The backs of your knees should be at a 90 degree angle
- Your lower back is supported to allow for the natural inward curve.
- You have some place to rest your arms.
- Adjust your keyboard so that you get a good keying position
and a space in front of the keyboard for resting your wrists while not keying.
- Don't bend your hands up at the wrist when keying