Natasha Alechina's project ideas (MSc projects 2010/11 and final year projects 2011/2012)
My research interests are in logic and artificial intelligence, and
I am very happy to discuss projects involving either or both.
I often supervise projects which involve Java programming (a game, or
animation of some algorithm, route planning, assistance with decision making,
Some project ideas:
- AI player for some game.
- Theorem prover for some logic.
- Animation of some algorithms. For example, I would really appreciate
a tool animating planning algorithms for the module I teach,
- The definitive study to check the accuracy of weather forecasts.
The basic version of the
project involves automatically downloading two types of data into a database:
and doing a statistical analysis of prediction accuracy.
Extensions involve comparing accuracy of professional forecasting with some
simple weather prediction algorithm of your own (e.g.: average temperature for
this time of year).
- one day ahead weather forecasts from the Met office or some
other source of your choice
- actual weather for this day
This file is maintained by Natasha Alechina
Last updated 28 January 2011.