KDF9 and 1900 photos
The English Electric KDF9 was the first machine in Nottingham's Cripps Computing Centre to provide a university computing service, installed in 1965 in the "T1" Engineering Building courtesy of the Engineering Faculty. It was followed by the ICL 1906A in 1972 in the new purpose designed building now called the CCC South Building.
These images are taken from slides supplied at the time by the manufacturers.

1: EE KDF9 - 1965

1965-KDF9-101-PaperTapeReader
2: EE KDF9 - 1965

1965-KDF9-102-FixedDisc
3: EE KDF9 - 1965

1965-KDF9-103-FixedDisc
4: EE KDF9 - 1965

1965-KDF9-104-Processor
5: EE KDF9 - 1965

1965-KDF9-106-Flexowriter
6: EE KDF9 - 1965

1965-KDF9-107-Console
7: EE KDF9 - 1965

1965-KDF9-108-GeneralView
8: ICT 1900 - 1972

1972-1900-109-Printer
9: ICT 1900 - 1972

1972-1900-110-CardReader
10: ICT 1900 - 1972

1972-1900-111-CardReader
11: ICT 1900 - 1972

1972-1900-112-PaperTapeReader
12: ICT 1900 - 1972

1972-1900-113-PTR
13: ICT 1900 - 1972

1972-1900-114-Plotter
14: ICT 1900 - 1972

1972-1900-115-MagneticTapeDecks
15: ICT 1900 - 1972

1972-1900-116-ExchangeableDisc
16: ICT 1900 - 1972

1972-1900-117-Drum

16 (16) pages
Page created Fri Mar 15 15:28:52 2002