|Eric's computer museum|
|1||Assorted books and reports||29 pages||
from the early years.
The full books and reports (and others) are available from Eric Foxley.
|2||Early computing-related items||36 pages||but not computers!|
|3||Computers up to about 1960||26 pages||Early items collected or made by Eric Foxley.|
|4||Computers from 1960 to 1965||46 pages||From Nottingham and around|
|5||Computers with Nottingham connections||33 pages||Either installed at Nottingham or officially providing a service to Nottingham|
|6||Assorted small portable computers||16 pages||This path lead eventually to the ubiquitous IBM PC.|
|7||DEC PDP/8 and PDP/11 computers||32 pages||by the Digital Equipment Corporation|
|8||Assorted peripherals||29 pages||mostly pre-1980|
|9||CCC South Building||13 pages||
Building in progress on the CCC South building, 1971.
The CCC used accommodation kindly provided by the Engineering Faculty during the English Electric KDF9 years. For the ICL 1906A, a new building was built behind the Maths/Physics and Chemistry departments, later to be known as the "South Building". Funding came from the Computer Board.
|10||The IBM 370 series||13 pages||These images are from slides supplied by IBM in the early 1970s.|
|11||KDF9 and 1900 photos||16 pages||
The English Electric KDF9 was the first machine in Nottingham's Cripps Computing Centre to provide a university
computing service, installed in 1965 in the "T1" Engineering Building courtesy of the Engineering Faculty.
It was followed by the ICL 1906A in 1972 in the new purpose designed building now called the CCC South Building.
These images are taken from slides supplied at the time by the manufacturers.