MSc and UG Project Ideas
Chris Greenhalgh, 2016-05-23
I am interested in:
- Human-computer interaction and Computer-supported cooperative
- Pervasive and ubiquitous computing and the Ineternet of
- Audio and music, e.g. related to the FAST IMPACt project.
- Personal data and the Databox
approach to personal data management
- Community (digital) Technology, i.e. digital technologies
that support and enhance existing communities, especially where those
communities face real challenges. This may include support for
charities, volunteer organisations, social enterprise and potentially
- Appropriate Digital Technologies (c.f. Appropriate ICT, van
Reijswoud, 2009), i.e. digital technologies that fit well in
particular contexts or settings, especially in the two-thirds
Most of my current work is in mobile and ubiquitous computing
(including mobile games and cultural experiences), and I have done a
lot of work developing mobile applications on Android as well as web
applications and collaborative systems.
Most of my projects combine (to varying extents) software development,
interaction design and user studies.
I'm happy for you to propose your own projects, ideally related the