If you are interested in doing a PhD under my supervision, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also an option of joint supervision with another academic from the School of Computer Science or another department.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to
- Artificial intelligence, particularly automated design of search algorithms
- Data science and machine learning, particularly interpretability and hyper-parameter optimisation
- Off-the-shelf solvers and problem formulations (mixed integer programming, constraint satisfaction, SAT, etc.)
- Combinatorial search and optimisation; operational research; heuristics and metaheuristics
Some of the areas of application I worked on include:
- Public transport including passenger ferries and aircraft
- Access control
- Resource allocation
- Electric vehicles
Application process and funding
You can find the details of the application process and funding opportunities here.
Right now (deadline Monday, 15th March 2021), our School has advertised 10 scholarships. To apply, you need to contact an academic (me or someone else from the School) to obtain their support. For details, see here.