G52CON 2008-2009: Exercise 2, Semaphores
- devise a semaphore solution to the multiple Producer-multiple Consumer
problem using a bounded buffer which ensures that:
- no data items are read from an empty buffer;
- data items are read only once;
- data items are not overwritten before they are read;
- items are consumed in the order they are produced; and
- all items produced are eventually consumed.
- does your solution satisfy the properties of Mutual Exclusion, Absence
of Deadlock, Absence of Unnecessary Delay and Eventual Entry?
- how many classes of critical sections does your solution have?