Benchmarks, Bibliography, Best results
This web site is maintained by Rong Qu.
More details of selected problems can be found at the companion sites for the following problems:
Cyber Security for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs)
A set of simulated cyber-attacks to CAVs derived from the KDD99 dataset on online cyber-attacks.
- Y He, X Meng, R Qu, "A Survey on Cyber Security of CAV", 2017 Forum on Cooperative Positioning and Service, 19 May - 21 May 2017, Harbin, China. pdf
- Q He, X Meng, R Qu, R Xi, "Design A New Framework for Assessing Cyber Security Attacks of Connected and Autonomous Vehicle", under review, September 2018
Virtual Machine Placement in Cloud Datacenter
A set of energy-aware virtual machine placement problems
- Huanlai Xing, Jing Zhu, Rong Qu, Lianshan Yan, Wei Pan. On Energy-efficient Network-aware Virtual Machine Placement in Cloud Datacenter: An Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm. Under review, 2018
Mixed Shift VRP with Time Windows
A set of Vehicle Routing dataset with Mixed Types of Shifts, derived from a large scale fleet transportation problem at Ningbo Port, China
A set of Vehicle Routing dataset with different features, derived from a large scale fleet transportation problem at Ningbo Port, China
- B. Chen, R. Qu, W. Laesanklang, R. Bai. A Hyper-Heuristic with Two Guidance Indicators for Bi-Objective Mixed-Shift Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows. under review, 2018
- B. Chen, R. Qu, R. Bai, W. Laesanklang. A Reinforcement Learning Based Variable Neighborhood Search Algorithm for Open Periodic
Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows. under review, 2018
- B Chen, R Qu and H. Ishibuchi. "Variable Depth Aadaptive Large Neighborhood Search Algorithm for Open Periodic Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows"
The 19th International Conference on Harbor, Maritime & Multimodal Logistics Modelling and Simulation (HMS'2017), 18-20 September 2017. .pdf
A set of exam timetabling benchmark problems, and an online bibliography of exam timetabling 1995-2009, categrised by the techniques used in the research.
- R. Qu, E. K. Burke, B. McCollum, L.T.G. Merlot, and S.Y. Lee. "A Survey of Search Methodologies and Automated System Development for Examination Timetabling",
Journal of Scheduling, 12(1): 55-89, 2009.
doi: 10.1007/s10951-008-0077-5 .pdf
Top 1% cited by ISI Essential Scientific Indicator
A set of nurse rostering benchmark problems (also see Staff Roster Solutions) dedrived from real world problems world wide.
- E.K. Burke, T.E. Curtois, G. Post, R. Qu and B. Veltman. "A Hybrid Heuristic Ordering and Variable Neighbourhood Search for the Nurse Rostering Problem", European Journal of Operational Research, 188(2), 330-341, 2008.
ISI Top 1% cited
- E.K. Burke, T. Curtois, R. Qu and G. Vanden Berghe. "A Time Predefined Variable Depth Search for Nurse Rostering". INFORMS Journal on Computing, 25: 411-419, 2013. doi: 10.1287/ijoc.1120.0510
ISI Top 10% cited
- E.K. Burke, T. Curtois, R. Qu and G. Vanden Berghe. "A Scatter Search for the Nurse Rostering Problem", Journal of Operational Research Society, 61: 1667-1679, 2010. doi: 10.1057/jors.2009.118 .pdf
ISI Top 10% cited
- P. Brucker, E.K. Burke, T. Curtois, R. Qu. "A Shift Sequence Based Approach for Nurse Scheduling and a New Benchmark Dataset",
Journal of Heuristics, 16(4): 559-573, 2010. doi: 10.1007/s10732-008-9099-6 .pdf
ISI Top 10% cited
Vehicle Routing in a Forestry Commissioning Operation
A set of Vehicle Routing dataset derived from in a Forestry Commissioning Operation
- E. Kent, J. Atkin, R. Qu,
"Vehicle Routing in a Forestry Commissioning Operation using Ant Colony Optimisation", The 3rd International Conference on the Theory and Practice of Natural Computing (TPNC'14), Granada, Spain, December 9-11, 2014, .pdf.
a set of constrained portfolio optimization problems based on OR Library instances
A set of constrained portfolio optimization problems with VaR based on Yahoo! Finance S&P100 and S&P500
- K. Lwin, R. Qu
"Hybrid Algorithm for Constrained Portfolio Selection Problem". Applied Intelligence, 39(2): 251-266, 2013.
doi: 10.1007/s10489-012-0411-7 .pdf
- F. He, R. Qu, "A Two-Stage Stochastic Mixed-Integer Program Modelling and Hybrid Solution Approach to Portfolio Selection Problems", Information Sciences, doi: 10.1016/j.ins.2014.08.028, 2014. .pdf
- K. Lwin, R. Qu, "A learning-guided Multi-objective Evolutionary Algorithm for Constrained Portfolio Optimization", Applied Soft Computing, 24: 757-772, 2014, 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.asoc.2014.08.026, .pdf
- K. Lwin, R. Qu, B. MacCarthy
"Mean-VaR Portfolio Optimization: A Nonparametric Approach". European Journal of Operational Research, 260(2): 751-766, 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.ejor.2017.01.005 .pdf.
Multicast Network Routing
multicast routing benchmark problems
- Y. Xu and R. Qu. "Solving Multi-objective Multicast Routing Problems by Evolutionary Multi-objective Simulated Annealing Algorithms with Variable Neighborhoods",
Journal of Operational Research Society, 62: 313-325, 2010
doi: 10.1057/jors.2010.138 .pdf
- Y. Xu and R. Qu. "A Hybrid Scatter Search Meta-heuristic for Delay-constrained Multicast Routing Problems", Applied intelligence, 36(1): 229-241, 2012. doi: 10.1007/s10489-010-0256-x .pdf
Network Coding Based Multicast Routing
A set of Load Balancing in Network Coding based Multicast
A set of Network Coding Resource Minimization Problems
- H Xing, S Li, Y Cui, L Yan, W Pan, R Qu, "A hybrid EDA for load balancing in multicast with network coding", under review at Applied Soft Computing
A set of Bi-Objective Network Coding Based Routing Problems
- H. Xing and R. Qu, "A Population Based Incremental Learning for Network Coding Resources Minimization", IEEE Communication Letters, 99: 1-3, 2011.
doi: 10.1109/LCOMM.2011.051911.110274 .pdf
- H. Xing and R. Qu, "A Compact Genetic Algorithm for the Network Coding Based Resource Minimization Problem", Applied Intelligence, 36(4):, 809-823, 2012.
doi: 10.1007/s10489-011-0298-8 .pdf
- Z Wang, H Xing, T Li, Y Yang, R Qu, and Y Pan. "A Modified Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm for Network Coding Resource Minimization". IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 20(3): 325-342, doi: 10.1109/TEVC.2015.2457437, .pdf, 2016
Capital Budgeting (under construction, more updates will be added)
A set of capital budgeting benchmark problems, and
a bibliography of meta-heuristics in capital budgeting
- R. Qu and B. Berry. Meta-heuristics in Capital Budgeting: Models and Methodologies.
technical report, 2009, School of Computer Science, University of Nottingham.