I obtained the Dipl.-Ing. (BSc and MSc) degree in Electric and Electronic Engineering from the University of Nis, Serbia, and the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the University of Nottingham, U.K. My main research interests span areas of intelligent mobile and disconnection tolerant networking, complex temporal graphs, self organised security and distributed predictive analytics with applications to autonomous vehicles, mobile social networks, mobile clouds, smart manufacturing and telemetry. I have been awarded multiple EPSRC and EU grants for my research and published over 80 papers in premium conference and journal venues such as Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Multimedia and ACM Multimedia.
I was among the first people in Europe to start working on Disruption/Delay Tolerant Networks and have a research project funded. See Kevin Fall's slides on DTN people and projects at ACM Mobihoc 2006.
I am interested in a number of open research questions such as improving
energy efficiency, designing new and more efficient data dissemination and
routing protocols and new adaptive security and privacy techniques for data
tranmission in challenging enviroments.
I have over 10 years of experience in technology products, solutions and services, new business development, strategic planning, budget management, advising and consultancy for companies including training, coaching and presentations. My ORCID is 0000-0003-4000-6143.
I am member of the Cambridge Networks Network .
I am a Visiting Researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge .
I am Consultant for EarlyWarningConsulting Growing Digital Value and Consultant for Netico Group .
I am currently the Main Supervisor for the following PhD students:
I have been the Main PhD Supervisor for the following PhD students:
I have been the Main PhD Defence Examiner and Member of the PhD Defence Jury for the following PhD researchers and Universities:
- Dr. Wil Ward, University of Nottingham, UK, PhD Thesis Title Development of Machine Learning Techniques for Characterising Change in Time-Lapse Resistivity Monitoring, 2018
- Dr. Yuchun Ding at University of Nottingham, UK, PhD Thesis Title Novel Methods for Automatic Analysis on Vascular Images, 2016
- Dr. Javier Blessa at Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain, Phd Thessis Title Cognitive strategies for security in Wireless Sensor Networks, 2015
- Dr. Elena Romero, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain, PhD Thesis Title .Cognitive Strategies for Reducing Energy consumption in Wireless Sensor Networks., 2015,
- Dr. Afra Mashhadi at UCL, London, PhD Thesis Title: Content Dissemination in Participatory Delay Tolerant Networks, in 2011,
- Dr. Paul Kiddie at the
University of Birmigham, Birmigham, PhD Thesis Title: Decentralised Soft Security in Distributed Systems, in 2011,
- Dr. Bambang Soelistijanto, University of Surrey, UK, PhD Thesis Tile: Traffic Distribution Fairness and Congestion in Social Opportunistic Networks, in 2014