Rong Qu, PhD, BSc
School of Computer Science
University of Nottingham
Nottingham, NG8 1BB, UK
rong.qu AT nottingham.ac.uk
My CV and profiles at
Real world applications:
Transport Logistic Scheduling, Vehicle Routing
Cyber Security for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs)
Personnel Scheduling, Portfolio Optimization, Multicast Network Routing, Timetabling
Algorithms / techniques:
Hyper-heuristics; Evolutionary Algorithms; Meta-heuristics
Constraint Programming; Integer Programming, Case Based Reasoning
- N. Pillay, R. Qu, Automated Design of Machine Learning and Search Algorithms. Springer Natural Computing Series.
- Special Issue on Multi-objective Evolutionary Optimisation in Machine Learning at IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, submission date 1 Feb 2022.
- Special Issue on Automation in AI and Machine Learning. 43(9), Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, September 2021.
- Special Issue of Automated Design of Machine Learning and Search Algorithms. IEEE Comp. Int. Mag. 13(2), May 2018.
- N. Pillay, R. Qu, Hyper-Heuristics: Theory and Applications, Springer.
- A Graph-Based Hyper-Heuristic for Educational Timetabling Problems. EJOR, 176: 177-192, 2007. doi: 10.1016/j.ejor.2005.08.012, .pdf, Top Cited Article at EJOR 2007-2011 Award
- The General Combinatorial Optimisation Problem - Towards Automated Algorithm Design. IEEE CI Magazine, 15(2): 14-23, May, 2020. pdf. GCOP Google site