Rong Qu, PhD, BSc
School of Computer Science
University of Nottingham
Nottingham, NG8 1BB, UK.
tel: +44 115 8466503
rxq AT cs.nott.ac.uk
- Real world applications: transport logistic scheduling, vehicle routing, cyber security for connected and autonomous vehicles, personnel scheduling, financial portfolio optimization, multicast network routing (network coding), timetabling
- Algorithms/techniques: hyper-heuristics, meta-heuristics; constraint programming; integer programming, case based reasoning
- MSc Students Information Page
- Top Cited Article at EJOR 2007-2011 Award; Top 0.1% cited paper in Mathematics by ISI
R. Qu* (* leading author), E.K. Burke, B. McCollum, A. Meisels, S. Petrovic
"A Graph-Based Hyper-Heuristic for Educational Timetabling Problems". European Journal of Operational Research, 176: 177-192, 2007. doi: 10.1016/j.ejor.2005.08.012, .pdf
NATCOR Seminar presentation: A Fundamental Study on Hyper-heuristics.
- "Outstanding" Award from Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) for "Routing and Rostering in Healthcare Workforce Management" (KTP 8992)
- Task Force on Hyper-heuristics at IEEE Computational Intelligence Society.
- Benchmark Datasets of Combinatorial Optimisation Problems (vehicle routing, nurse rostering, exam timetabling; constrained portfolio optimization, multicast network routing)